Wiley (sick, but wanting cheese): I'm hungry.
Mommy: For (more) crackers?
Wiley: For something that starts with a "chee."
Noah (pointing to a patch of color he had made on his paper): I found God! God is right there.
Aden: I would have gotten more done, but I was so distracted by all the things I had to say.

Noah (on finding the King Grasshopper's leg): We can't eat it.
Aden: Aunt Linda told me that when you get older, you start to lose your memory, so I think that is what is starting to happen to me. I'm starting to forget things.
I guess we've been out of the bush for a while. Wiley remembers enough to remind us that cockroaches come out of the drains. But when I asked him to come upstairs and get dressed, he said, "I want to stay downstairs and watch the bug." It was an over-sized fly.
Aden (while eating his third tortilla that he just couldn't quite finish): There is my stopper. A stopper is what tells me that I am full. (We've had numerous conversations about Aden's stopper, which seems to be quite active in helping him determine when to stop eating.)
Wiley: Mama, we're not visitors to South Africa. We're livers in South Africa. Wiley (driving his toy cars, who came across some of his plastic animals): Polar bear crossing?!? Oh, bother!
Wiley (brushing a feather on his face, apparently disappointed in the tickle-factor): Hmmm. I'm not laughing.
. . . Later . . .
Wiley: Mommy, what does tickle mean?
Mommy: Well, . . . it makes you giggle, . . . sort of a light touch.
Wiley giggled a couple seconds later. Then,
Wiley: Where is that thing I found that makes me giggle?
Aden (repeating a conversation from the playground):His friend - Hurry, they steal hats! Hide your hat!
Aden - Nope. Because I can run faster than anybody.
Aden (during a lull in the conversation, but obviously with a few lingering questions about the topic at hand): Daddy, are you still . . . Is this conversation over?
Mommy (reading Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog children's book): "May I help you?"
Noah: No!
Wiley (in a puddle): Mommy, does rain sometimes rain in the same place?
Hide-and-seek instructions from Wiley to Noah: First you have to look in all the places where I'm not.
Aden: I like McDonald's french fries because they have so much salt!
Noah after Wiley got sick in the car: I throw upped! Later, closely watching Wiley throw up a second time: That's sick!
Aden had a 'super hero' mask that he was playing with. Someone asked him who his favorite superhero was and he said Batman. Wiley responded with Spiderman. When Noah was prompted, he responded, "I like Cookie Monster."

No comments:
Post a Comment