As we have written before, living at a Mission Hospital can create lots of imagination in a 4-year old that you just may not see in most kids that age. Aden is back to his pretending to be a doctor again. If you remember from our previous post, he (and Wiley) have done many routine check-ups as well as performed surgeries on his parents and siblings. This week, Aden was taking call at the hospital. It is pretty standard information around here to know who is on call each night, which he has apparently picked up on.
So, here is how it all played out:
Aden, Wiley and Daddy are playing football in the front yard. Aden's bike is nearby from riding on it earlier.
Aden: I have to go (as he gets on his bike).
Daddy: Where are you going?
Aden: Hospital. I am on call tonight.
Daddy: What do they have for you?
Aden: Little girl was in a car accident and has an "owwie" on her leg.
Daddy: Wow! I guess you better get down there.
Aden: (as he goes back to get his 'bilum' bag) I just have to get some things to take.
Daddy: What are you taking? Stethoscope?
Aden: No. Just a ball in case they need me to play football or something?
(Aden rides a little way out of the yard.)
Aden: I don't have to go now. Uncle Bill had called to say he needed me, but 'Bubu' Jim just called and said he didn't need me now and that he could take care of it.
(A few minutes later)
Aden: I have to go to the hospital.
Daddy: What for this time?
Aden: C-Section.
(Ten minutes later)
Aden: I need to go back to the hospital.
Daddy: Now what do they have.
Aden: There is a horse.
(This was probably inspired by the rare presence of a horse on the mission station just an hour or so earlier, and had really caught Aden's attention.)
Daddy: A horse?
Aden: Yes, he fell on top of a person and needs help.
Daddy: So are you going to help the person that is under the horse?
Aden: No, just the horse.
Saturday, March 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment